Job Posting: Ohio Center for Law Related Education PROGRAM COORDINATOR
The Program Coordinator assists in efficiently developing, managing, and promoting the high school Ohio Mock Trial and Moot Court programs. The program coordinator also assists the Director of Professional Development & Programs to administer other OCLRE programs and initiatives as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Management: Manages all aspects of the high school Ohio Mock Trial and Moot Court programs including, but not limited to:
- working with designated program ambassadors (teachers, et al.,) to identify opportunities for growth, resource creation, and outreach
- creating and producing case materials and teacher resources
- coordinating competitions and showcases
- preparing and managing program timelines and budgets
- recruiting and managing volunteers, including case and competition committee members and competition judges
Professional Development: In collaboration with Director of Professional Development & Programs, produces professional development for Ohio Mock Trial and Moot Court.
Outreach: In collaboration with Director of Professional Development & Programs, prepares and presents information about OCLRE and its programs to individuals and organizations, contributes to organization’s outreach activities through preparation of materials for website, newsletter, social media, and classroom.
Performs other such duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director and Director of Professional Development & Programs.
- College degree or demonstrated relevant work experience
- Commitment to OCLRE’s mission and a high level of dedication to expand opportunities for teachers and students served by the organization
- Strong attention to detail, ability to track sensitive deadlines, and ability to efficiently and professionally respond to and resolve issues
- Ability to organize, direct, and coordinate multiple activities with precision and efficiency
- Evidence of interpersonal skills and commitment to superior customer service to engage successfully with wide range of constituencies (attorneys, judges, educators, students and their families, business leaders, public officials, and potential donors)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to draft complete and concise reports, stories and articles, social media posts, and other correspondence using proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
Pay and Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a salary range of $35,000 - $40,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits package and Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
How to apply:
This is an exempt full time position. The Ohio Center for Law-Related Education is an at-will employer that seeks to attract, employ, and retain highly skilled and motivated individuals, attempts to maintain staff continuity for the efficiency of its operations, and desires to foster and maintain an ethical, professional, and impartial work environment.
Interested candidates should send the following to Kate Strickland, Ohio Center for Law-Related Education, P.O. Box 16562, Columbus, Ohio 43204 or via email to kstricklandoclre.org:
- Cover letter explaining how applicant’s background and experience satisfy the qualifications and why the applicant is interested in the position
- List of three (3) professional references with contact information
For full consideration, please submit cover letter, resume, and references by 5:00 pm. June 20, 2017. Please do not duplicate your application and no telephone calls please.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants will be contacted if selected for an interview.
The Ohio Center for Law-Related Education is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about the Ohio Center for Law-Related Education, please visit oclre.org.