OCLRE Position Available
Ohio Center for Law Related Education
The Ohio Center for Law-Related Education (OCLRE) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that provides civics, law, and government programming and curricula to teachers and students throughout the state (approx. grades 4-12). All OCLRE programs align with Ohio Learning Standards and are designed to promote civic education and participation.
Manage and develop OCLRE programs and events in alignment with the organization’s mission and goals.
The incumbent will be responsible for efficiently managing and promoting the Ohio Mock Trial program and other program(s) as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These should not be construed as exclusive. Other duties may be required or assigned.
- Plans and coordinates program culminating activities and events, including district, regional, and state competitions.
- Prepares and manages program timelines and budgets.
- Recruits and manages communications with volunteers, including case and competition committees and competition judges.
- Works with Director of Programs to organize and guide committees to develop student case materials, and to ensure program competition rules are written, interpreted and enforced as fairly and equitably as possible.
- Assists the Director of Programs in the planning and delivery of outreach and teacher professional development related to Ohio Mock Trial and other OCLRE program(s) as assigned.
- Works with designated program ambassadors (teachers, et al.,) to identify opportunities for growth, resource creation, and outreach.
- Contributes to outreach activities through preparation of program content for OCLRE’s website, newsletter, and social media.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated relevant work experience. Educational background or experience in the fields of education, law, or communications preferred.
- Project Management experience required, including a demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities with precision and efficiency.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to track sensitive deadlines, and to professionally respond to and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Evidence of interpersonal skills and commitment to superior customer service to engage successfully with wide range of constituencies (attorneys, judges, educators, business leaders, public officials, and potential donors).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to draft complete and concise reports, stories and articles, social media posts, and other correspondence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Commitment to the OCLRE mission and a high level of dedication to expand opportunities for the diverse range of teachers and students served by the organization.
Hours and Benefits
This is a full-time position scheduled to work a standard work week (Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week) in accordance with OCLRE Personnel Manual. Occasional evenings and weekends for peak program times and professional development activities.
Salary range $35,000 - $40,000. Benefits package and Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
This is an exempt full-time position. The Ohio Center for Law-Related Education is an at-will employer that seeks to attract, employ, and retain highly skilled and motivated individuals, attempts to maintain staff continuity for the efficiency of its operations, and desires to foster and maintain an ethical, professional, and impartial work environment.
Interested candidates should send the following to Kate Strickland, Ohio Center for Law-Related Education, P.O. Box 16562, Columbus, Ohio 43204 or via email to kstricklandoclre.org:
- Cover letter explaining how applicant’s background and experience satisfy the qualifications and why the applicant is interested in the position
- List of three (3) professional references with contact information
For full consideration, please submit cover letter, resume, and references by 5:00 pm. March 2, 2018. Please do not duplicate your application and no telephone calls please.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants will be contacted if selected for an interview.
The Ohio Center for Law-Related Education is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about the Ohio Center for Law-Related Education, please visit oclre.org.